Tuesday, March 4, 2008

I Love Bette!

I know, I'm lazy. Very lazy. But as, at the moment at least, I'm doing this blog for myself only, the motivation to post new stuff is very small...ahem

But there is one thing I want the world to know (The world... so me...whatever... ;)):
That Bette Davis is the greatest actress that ever graced this planet. Every movie I see with her convinces me again and again of her divinity and each new laugh-out-loud quote by her makes me believe that she was quite a character, one that is not found anymore among our current, colourless actresses...
Just check out this one: "Why am I so good at playing bitches? I think it's because I'm not a bitch. Maybe that's why Joan Crawford always plays ladies."
Or: "Until you're known in my profession as a monster, you're not a star."

For more of the like, just go to Davis's trivia section of IMDb. Great quotes, I can tell you!

To discover the Davis, I advise everyone to watch "All about Eve", her best performance, and also one of the greatest films of all time. Other great films are "Jezebel", "Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?", "Dark Victory", to only name a few.

So, go check her out and you'll certainly agree with Bette when she says: "I'm the nicest goddamn dame that ever lived!"

Have fun! ;-)

No comments: